What is Bandspotting?
Bandspotting is a chance to showcase new or lesser known musical acts during the Festival of Faith and Music. Every year, artists from all over the country submit music which we then meticulously sift through to find material that is both thoughtful and musically excellent. The artist with the most outstanding material gets to play an opening set before one of our Festival headliners.
Deadline: March 8.
What if I win?
The top five Bandspotting (winner included) contestants will be featured on our FFM 2013 compilation mix to be distributed by Noisetrade.
The FFM 2013 Bandspotting winner will receive the following:
- The opportunity to open for Josh Garrels on the last night of FFM 2013.
- Free admittance into the festival.
- A place on the FFM 2013 compilation mix distributed by Noisetrade.
- A spot as featured artist on the Noisetrade website.
How do I submit?
First, pay the $20 Bandspotting registration fee (select the Bandspotting ticket option). This fee DOES NOT include Festival registration, which must be completed seperately.
Next, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following information:
- Brief bio that tells us about you and your work. This bio will be posted on the FFM web siteif you're selected as a featured Bandspotting artist.
- Link to a SoundCloud set of the two songs you'd like to submit for review. (If you don't know what that means, click here).
- Picture of you or your band.
- Video (preferably) or short paragraph answering the following question:"Why does music matter?"