In an effort to support newer bands and musicians, the Festival of Faith & Music is sponsoring bandspotting, an opportunity for selected artists to receive feedback from respected critics, gain exposure to Festival participants, and even perform at the Festival itself.
The submission packet should include payment for the $50 entry fee, a CD with two representative songs and a press kit that includes:
- short bio
- list of individual members (if applicable)
- high resolution digital photo
- contact and booking information
- discography and list of recent shows played (if applicable)
- press clippings (if applicable)
- please make checks payable to "Calvin College" with "FFM bandspotting" in the memo field
Submissions must be postmarked by Monday, February 28. Mail complete packet to:
FFM 2011: bandspotting
Calvin College Student Activities Office
1765 Knollcrest Circle
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
All music will go through a first round of listening by a sub-group of the Festival of Faith & Music committee. This group will select ten entries to pass on to two finalist judges who will select the top five submissions and provide these five with written feedback.
Two songs from each of the top five bands or musicians will be compiled on a CD that will be given to all attendees of FFM 2011 (500 individuals). The grand prize awarded for the top submission will be complimentary registration to FFM 2011 for the musician or band and a performance slot during the Festival.
- No member of the Festival of Faith and Music committee is permitted to be involved in a submitting band.
- A previous grand prize winner cannot resubmit to subsequent competitions.
- The FFM committee reserves the right to cancel bandspotting if a 20-entry minimum is not reached by the submission deadline. If the committee cancels bandspotting, entrants will receive a full refund of the $50 entry fee.
- By entering the Festival of Faith and Music bandspotting competition, you and/or your band are verifying that you are the Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) owner for the songs you submit. Should you be selected for the FFM compilation CD, you are granting reproduction rights to Calvin College for the two songs submitted for the competition. Calvin College is only permitted to use these songs for the express purpose of creating a Festival of Faith & Music 2011 compilation CD to be given away at the Festival and future events.
- The winning musician/band will receive a complimentary Festival registration for each member (a value of up to $125 each) and a 45-minute performance slot during the Festival. Bands will be responsible for their own travel and accommodations.