Environmental Programs - News & Notes
- 2014 Spring CEAP Poster Session
- Thursday, May 8, 2014, 3:30 PM, CFAC Recital Hall
Lecture: "Weighing Values in the Search for Sustainability"
Speaker: Dr. Martine Vonk
- 2013 Calvin Sustainability Summit
- June 6, 2013, 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Chapel Undercroft and DeVos Communications Building Atrium
- Spring CEAP Poster Session
- May 8, 2013, 3:30 PM, Spoelhof Atrium
Lecture: "Reaching New Heights of Sustainability"
Speaker: Grand Rapids Mayor George Heartwell
==>>See the slide show of the event.
- A $375,000 GRANT TO IMPROVE PLASTER CREEK WATERSHED
- Calvin College has received a $375,000 state grant to further research, education and restoration efforts in the Plaster Creek watershed.
- Calvin Energy Recovery Fund's Latest Project: Change the Bulbs
- The Calvin Energy Recovery Fund has retrofitted North Hall with new lighting that will save the college thousands.
- Spring 2012 Poster Session
- Keynote Address: "Sustainability and Social Enterprises"
Keynote Speaker: Christina Keller,
Business Unit Leader of Triple Quest
- Interim Class Learns About Local Foods
- An interim class learns about eating healthier, more sustainably and more homemade.
- Sustainability Across the Curriculum (Summer 2012)
- Faculty Development Reading Group and Summer Workshop.
- Sustainability Award at (106) Gallery
- An ArtPrize entry at Calvin College's (106) Gallery and Studio has been honored with the Sustainability Award.
- Student Senate Launches Bike Share
- In September 2011, student senate launched its restructured community bike project.
- Student Engineering Project Recognized Nationally
- Calvin Supermileage, a team of five 2011 engineering grads, placed seventh nationally at the Supermileage competition.
- 2011 Sustainability Summit (Summary Report)
- As you perhaps read in previous Calvin News, Calvin is again organizing a Sustainability Summit. Many faculty and staff have already responded by signing up.The leadership team warmly invites all Calvin staff and faculty to attend. Come by yourself or as part of a team from your unit.
- The Summit will take place on Thursday May 26, 2011 from 9:00am-2:00pm in the Commons Lecture Hall (lunch will be provided). It will provide opportunities for teams of people from various departments and units to discuss sustainability issues facing our campus and to develop action plans for the coming year. These action plans will help Calvin build on and deepen components of the Calvin Strategic Plan (2008-2013) and enact the goals of Calvin’s Statement on Sustainability. The Cabinet have given their full support to this initiative. We hope you will join us on May 26. Please RSVP to Clarence Joldersma at email@example.com by May 20. Summit Leadership Team: Gail Heffner, Matthew Heun, Clarence Joldersma
- Kill-a-Watt: Points for Sustainability (2011)
- Kill-A-Watt is a dorm competition geared toward helping students practice sustainability in all parts of life.