Tips for buying green and eating locally:
Grand Rapids Fulton Street Farmer’s Market (May- late December), 1147 East Fulton Street, Grand Rapids, MI 49315
Open: Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat. 8 am-4 pm www.fultonstreetmarket.org
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA):
- Trillium Haven Farm offers 450 different varieties of local fruits and vegetables (June-October) trilliumhavenfarm.com/
- Groundswell Community Farm CSA: (June- October) a great Local Food Guide for the Grand Rapids area (or anywhere in the United States) www.localharvest.org
- To buy local apples all winter long: DK Orchards contact (616)-899-2333
- To find additional sources for local foods, visit: West Michigan Local Food Guide, www.foodshed.net/foodguide/
Calvin News: Calvin Dining Services Brags about going green
- Over 60 products were featured in a recent Commons Dining Hall display of Michigan products served in the dining halls.
- New "green" sack lunches provide recyclable lunch sacks and reduces waste by allowing students to select their own food.
- Dining Services now uses biodegradable disposable tableware.