- Earn and environmental science major with a biology emphasis
- Discover the diverse impact the growing human population is having on the world that sustains it—then learn how to do something about it.
With an environmental science major, you'll draw from a number of disciplines within the sciences to gain an understanding of how you can responsibly carry out your role as a steward of God's creation.
Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Earn an environmental science major with a chemistry emphasis
- If you want to pursue a career requiring scientific training in environmental problems and their solutions, an environmental studies major will prepare you for jobs in a variety of fields.
You can also continue your education through graduate programs such as ecology, environmental science, natural resource management or environmental biology.
- Sustainability Efforts throughout the Enginnering department
- At Calvin, professors and students alike have a desire to create and implement sustainable energy and living habits. We strive to do this through various research and class projects. Sustainability is also a common inspiration for senior engineering students' Design Projects.
Geology, Geography, and Environmental Studies
- Major in environmental science with a geology concentration
- The environmental science major program of concentration is intended for those who plan to pursue a career requiring scientific training in environmental problems and their solutions.
The major will prepare you for jobs in a variety of fields and for further study in graduate programs such as ecology, environmental science, natural resource management or environmental biology.
- Major in enviromental geology
- The environmental geology major involves 67-68 semester hours of course work. This major track leads to a bachelor of science (BS) degree.
- Major or Minor in environmental studies
- With an environmental studies major, you will take courses in the sciences and the humanities to develop a strong understanding of environmental issues across the globe. The environmental studies group minor is intended for students who are following a disciplinary major and who also have an interest in studying a broad range of environmental problems and issues at the local, national, and global levels.