Obligations after Receiving a Sabbatical
- It is required that each grantee continue his or her position at the college for the full academic year following that in which the sabbatical leave occurs. Grantees who do not return to fulfill this obligation are required to reimburse the college in full for the salary and benefits received during the leave.
- All publications that result from work done on sabbatical leave should acknowledge the support of Calvin College for the project.
- The grantee must submit an online report by August 15 after the end of the leave, detailing the results or progress of the project and any related professional gains. This report should be submitted to the dean for research and scholarship who will forward it to the department chair and the academic dean.
- The grantee shall be responsible for sharing the results of the sabbatical project with Calvin colleagues through a formal presentation (e.g., lecture, concert, exhibit).
- Common courtesy should require some form of acknowledgment to the Board of Trustees. Notes of thanks may be sent via the Office of the President.