Mlive, March 27, 2015
Superbugs in our watershed? Calvin Students Investigate Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria in the Plaster Creek Watershed.
The Rapidian, March 24, 2015
The Rapidian, January 27, 2015
Calvin Spark, Winter 2014
River Network Annual Reports, 2014
The Rapidian, November 25, 2014
Urban Waters Learning Network, October 28, 2014
The Rapidian, September 23, 2014
Healing our Waters, September 10, 2014
MLive/The Grand Rapids Press, August 1, 2014.
Environment Protection Agency, Region 5, July 31, 2014
The Rapidian, July 22, 2014.
The Rapidian, June 3, 2014.
The Rapidian, April 15, 2014.
The Rapidian, February 25, 2014.
The Rapidian, December 3, 2013.
Catalyst Radio, November 15, 2013.
Christian Reformed Church Denominational newsletter, Aug. 23, 2013.
EPA Office of Water weekly newsletter, Aug. 20, 2013.
EPA has released Urban Waters Voices, a series of 12 video interviews featuring locally led efforts to restore urban waters in communities across the United States. These videos feature local efforts and strategies to improve urban water quality while advancing local community priorities.
Also see the EPA's Urban Waters website -
West Michigan Environmental Action Council (WMEAC) newsletter, August 15, 2013.
Calvin College News & Stories, 10/15/2013
One might expect a $338,000 science grant to be able to purchase a plethora of instruments and tools for the classroom. But the recent National Science Foundation (NSF) grant procured by Calvin’s science department was just enough funding to purchase a sole instrument: the highly sophisticated Fluidigm BioMark HD.(read more)
Grand Rapids Business Journal, 10/08/2012
Rapid Growth, 07/26/2012
Calvin College News and Stories, 07/20/2012
Calvin College News and Stories, 06/24/2011
Grand Rapids Press news archives:
- Christian Reformed Church, Calvin College Professors seek to Revitalize Plaster Creek (07/04/09)
- Rain gardens; Specialized gardens filter, protect rainwater (05/04/03)
- Agencies say businesses that break environmental laws can expect a visit; Files are reviewed and samples taken at MacDonald's Industrial Products. An environmental task force plans to make itself more visible (08/06/03)
- Planners turn down creekside rezoning; Residents complain the plan calls for too many houses on the golf-course land. The City Commission plans a final vote early next month (08/13/03)
- Volunteers wade in to check health of Kent County streams ; The research will be used to determine where to spend cleanup funds (05/12/02)
- Quality the watchword in Alliance exhibit (11/18/01)
- 7,000-gallon gas leak brings $100,000 fine ; "I've been bringing actions against this company for about 15 years for facilities all over the state," a DEQ official says (11/21/03)
- Water treatment plan Volunteers clean up litter along Plaster Creek (08/17/01)
- New rules force state to step up water cleanup (07/02/00)
- Company pays fine for polluting waterway (03/28/00)
- COMING UP CLEAN: Most Ottawa lakes and streams pose no swimming risk (08/05/96)
- People uniting make it happen: The generosity of volunteers met the awsome force of nature (03/23/97)
- Environmentalists will check up on Kent lakes, streams (2/14/00)
- Earth Amigos spend day improving their environment (4/23/98)