Covenant for Racial Justice in Church and Society
(based on the work of the Dismantling Racism Task Force, St. Louis Association, Missouri Conference, United Church of Christ)
Oh God, as people of faith, we covenant with you, with one another and our college to:
- Become better informed about people of other races and cultures, that we, may overcome the fears and misconceptions that exist;
- Consider how issues of racial prejudice and privilege affects each person with whom we come in contact;
- Discover and acknowledge practices and structures that are racist in our churches, our college, and our communities;
- Work to erase the sins of racism and injustice where they exist in our churches, our college, and our communities; and
- Prayfully heed your call to do justice, love kindness, and to walk humbly with you.