Timeline - Reappointment, Promotion and Tenure Decisions
- The provost notifies candidates for reappointment, promotion, and
tenure consideration during the fall (to be
effective the following September)
- The provost notifies candidates for tenure consideration one year
hence (for example for consideration during fall, 2005 to be effective
- Chair solicits input from students, alumni, and colleagues. Chair arranges for classroom visits and discussion of faith and learning statements.
- Deadline for candidate for reappointment to submit CV, self-evaluation, professional plan, and integration of faith and learning statement to the department chair.
- Chair submits dossier to PSC. The dossier includes all documents in
the checklist. For chairs with more than one reappointment
case, this deadline can be somewhat flexible. On the other hand, PSC appreciates having several dossiers in earlier than this date.
- The deans inform the candidates and chairs of the action of PSC. It
is important to note that all candidates are informed at the same time – PSC
does not report its actions at the time they are taken. The action of PSC is a recommendation to the president who must, in turn, take this recommendation to the
Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees ratifies the work
of the PSC. Candidates for first reappointment and candidates for tenure are interviewed by the Board at this meeting.
September 1 (following the reappointment decision):
- This is the effective date of the reappointment, tenure, or promotion.