June 16–July 12
The Entrada Scholars Program at Calvin College offers racial ethnic minority high school students a "gateway" to the future: the opportunity to experience college learning and living while earning college credit.
Entrada Scholars get to experience the fullness of college life, including:
- Enrolling in a 3-4 credit college course in areas such as English, history, biology or psychology
- Using Calvin's gym for activities like rock climbing and swimming
- Participating in group devotions
- Taking beach trips to Lake Michigan
- Performing in Entrada Talent Night
Who should apply for Entrada?
Entrada is intended for ethnic and racial minority groups who are typically under-represented in higher education, including African American, Native American Asian American students, as well as Hispanic and Latino American students.