Sustainability: Mechanical Department
The Mechanical Department maintains all the heating, air conditioning, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems for Calvin. The Mechanical Department strives to accurately assess waste management costs and energy conservation to decide upon the most green efficient upgrade.
Residence Hall Initiatives
- Motion sensor lighting (shown on the right) installed in Residence Hall Coffee Kitchens.
- Hallway lighting is reduced after 11pm.
All Building Initiatives
- Upgrades to energy-efficient fixtures.
- Staged heating/cooling to maximize efficiency.
- Air quality upgrades.
- Water use reduction.
- Energy efficient upgrades.
- Waste management