Policy regarding visitors to off-campus Interim courses
- Non-students may enroll as visitors in off-campus Interim courses provided that they participate in the courseís activities (lectures, site visits, etc.) and do not distract from the educational purpose of the course or take a spot away from a Calvin student. Visitors are charged the course fee and an additional visitor fee ($100), Visitors will need to submit a non-refundable deposit by the date specified by the instructor and pay for the total costs of the class prior to departure. Visitors will not be required to pay additional costs if the interim is over budget; likewise visitors will not receive any refunds for interims that come in under budget.
- Visitors will be expected to complete the terms and condition sheet for the course as a means to confirm their participation in the course. In addition, visitors are encouraged to purchase travel insurance for the trip. Information for travel insurance can be obtained through the travel agent booking airfare for the course.
- Calvin students may also enroll in the course as visitors (with the permission of the instructor). In the case where a Calvin student is not taking the course for credit he or she will not be subjected to any additional visitor fees but priority will always be given to students taking the course for credit.
- Student visitors will be expected to pay additional costs if the interim is over budget; likewise, student visitors will receive any rebates for interims that come in under budget.
- Visitors will be expected to complete the terms and condition sheet for the course as a means to confirm their participation in the course.
Other Visitor Policies:
Additional catagories of visitiors include:
- Calvin emeriti and spouses will be exempted from the visitorís fee but will be charged the overall course fee.
Members of the instructorís immediate family (spouse and/or minor children) will be charged incremental fees (airfare, admissions, etc.).
Policy updated April, 2016.