- At 10:08AM Campus Safety found a door propped at the Hekman Library. Items were found in the building that belonged to several students. The students were identified, interviewed, and the information turned over to the Judicial Affairs Office.
- At 6:35PM Campus Safety observed several students removing college property from the Commons. The students were identified, the property returned, and the information turned over to the Judicial Affairs Office.
- At 2:10PM Calvin Food Service reported that sometime between 3:00PM on Friday, 11-30-2007 and 7:30AM on Sunday, 12-02-2007 a waffle iron was taken from the food line in the Commons Dining Room.
11:20PM Campus Safety responded to a request for medical assistance in Rooks/VanDellen Residence Hall. A staff member had lost consciousness, fallen, and suffered a facial
injury. An ambulance was requested and
the victim transported to Spectrum Health Blodgett for treatment.
7:50AM Campus Safety investigated a single vehicle accident in the west parking
lot. A vehicle traveling south in the
lot struck a curb on one of the islands causing front end and suspension damage
to the vehicle.
5:40PM Campus Safety responded to a request for medical assistance at Schultze/Eldersveld Residence
Hall. A student had suffered a hand
injury. The victim was treated at the
6:03PM Campus Safety responded to a request for medical assistance in Schultze/Eldersveld Residence
Hall. A resident had complained of chest
pains and had called 911. The Grand
Rapids Fire Department and an ambulance were escorted to the scene. The victim was treated at the scene.
- At 1:35PM residents in Boer/Bennink Residence reported that at 2:30AM on today’s date they returned to their residence hall room and found that a window had been broken in their room apparently by an object thrown at it from the outside. A witness provided information leading to the identity of the students involved. The information on the students involved was turned over to the Judicial Affairs Office.
- At 12:08PM a student reported that two of his textbooks were missing from his residence hall room. The student stated that he went to the Campus Store and found that one of his books had been turned in for cash and the other had been left in the book donation bin. Later in the day the student’s roommate contacted Campus Safety and stated that he had turned in the books to the Campus Store by mistake. The roommate turned over the money received for the book to victim.
11:20PM Campus Safety received a report of flaming debris being thrown from a
third floor window in Rooks/VanDellen Residence
Hall. A check of the area showed burned
paper on the ground outside the window. The information on the students involved was turned over to the Judicial
- At 2:50PM Campus Safety investigated a two vehicle accident in the parking lot north of Theta/Epsilon Residence Hall. A vehicle travelling through the lot slid on the ice and struck a parked vehicle causing damage to both vehicles.
4:45PM Campus Safety investigated a three vehicle accident in the Kalsbeek/Huizinga parking lot. An unknown vehicle appeared to have struck a
parked vehicle causing the parked vehicle to be pushed into another parked
vehicle in the adjacent parking space causing damage to the two parked
- At 5:35AM Campus Safety responded to a request for medical assistance in Rooks/VanDellen Residence Hall.
- A student was complaining of difficulty in breathing. An ambulance was requested and the paramedics evaluated the victim at the scene. The victim elected to seek her own treatment later in the day.
- At 8:19PM Campus Safety confronted a disorderly person in the west parking lot. Grand Rapids Police were called to the scene and the subject was arrested.
- At 7:25AM Campus Safety received a report of a light pole falling and striking two vehicles in the parking lot north of Theta/Epsilon Residence Hall. The owners of the vehicles were contacted and the pole removed from the vehicles.