Discover the richness of human history by digging into the past.
- tailor your program with your advisor to match your interests and vocational goals
- participate in field work at local and international archaeological sites
- deepen your understanding by taking classes that span the disciplines
Careers in Archaeology
- Field archaeologist
- Teacher/professor of archaeology
- Museum curator or administrator
- Cultural resource management
See job placement rates for Calvin grads.
Choose an archaeology-based interim class; assist a professor with archaeological research;gain experience in a museum internship; travel to the ruins at Umm el-Jimal, Jordan to do field work in archaeology.
Course Requirements 2013-14
Archeology Group minor
(Minimum 18 semester hours; 6 courses)
- Two required courses in archaeology:
- One course with archaeological content, including interims, chosen from:
- Museum Studies
- ART-393 Course description not found
- HIST-393 Museum Studies
- Approved interim
- One course in archaeological skills chosen from:
- One course in cultural, historical, or linguistic contexts chosen from:
Two courses in an ancient language, Greek, Latin, and others as available
One additional course chosen from any of the above three categories.
Dollar amounts reflect awards given for the 2012-13 academic year.
Sally and Bert deVries Archeology Scholarship
- award amount: $2,600
- any class level
- financial need required; planning on an archeology minor with preference given to field experiences in the Middle East
- apply through the history department
- View all scholarship opportunities