Calvin's archaeology program will teach you to recover and analyze the material remains of past cultures--artifacts, inscriptions, buildings, and ornaments--in the context of their ancient landscapes.
Discover the richness of human history by digging into the past.
- tailor your program with your advisor to match your interests and vocational goals
- participate in field work at local and international archaeological sites
- deepen your understanding by taking classes that span the disciplines
Careers in Archaeology
- Field archaeologist
- Teacher/professor of archaeology
- Museum curator or administrator
- Cultural resource management
See job placement rates for Calvin grads.
Choose an archaeology-based interim class; assist a professor with archaeological research;gain experience in a museum internship; travel to the ruins at Umm el-Jimal, Jordan to do field work in archaeology.
Dollar amounts reflect awards given for the 2014-15 academic year.
- Sally and Bert deVries Archeology Scholarship
- award amount: $2,300
- sophomore, junior, or senior
- GPA of 2.50+
- financial need is considered; archeology minor; first preference is given to field experiences in the Middle East; second preference is given to programs outside of North America; Biblical and Holy Land Studies programs are excluded
- apply through the history department