Discover what the Spanish culture really looks like, learn some Spanish slang, and meet some amazing people along the way—all in one semester. You don't even have to be a Spanish major or minor to study abroad—Calvin's core semester in Spain is ideal for students of any discipline who wish to complete their foreign language core requirement.
Look at the schedule for when the programs will be offered in the next three years.
|Year||Fall||Interim||Interim + Spring|
|2014-2015||PERU (adv)||MEXICO||HONDURAS (adv)
|2016-2017||PERU (adv)||MEXICO||HONDURAS (adv)
Core/Intermediate Semester in Spain
- Nestled in the mountains with the ocean just a half hour away, Oviedo is a great place to study Spanish! In this semester program you can fulfill your core foreign language requirement or do intermediate Spanish language study.
Advanced Semester in Spain
- Nestled in the mountains with the ocean just a half hour away, Oviedo is a great place to study Spanish! In the advanced language program, you'll spend interim and the spring semester living and studying in Spain.
Semester in Peru
- Spend a semester in Arequipa, Peru in this advanced Spanish language program. Each fall semester you have the opportunity to study at the Universidad Católica San Pablo, live with a Peruvian family and take excursions to places like Lima, Cuzco and Machu Picchu.
Semester in Honduras: Spanish Studies
- Don't just study Latin American culture—immerse yourself in it. In this semester program, you'll improve your language skills while also learning about the challenges facing one of the western hemisphere's poorest countries.
Interim in Yucatan
- During this January interim, students spend three weeks immersed in Mexican culture and Spanish language while living with families in Merida, Yucatan. Students participate in excursions to Mayan ruins, various lecture classes, and religious and cultural events.
- Course code: