This 21-hour minor combines courses from Spanish, English, Education, and Interdisciplinary Studies to equip students for education in Spanish and English. This minor must be combined with a Spanish major.
Course Requirements 2014-2015
(21 semester hours)
- SPAN-310 Hispanic Culture in the United States
- SPAN-340 Spanish Phonology
- SPAN-372 Introduction to the Hispanic World I
- SPAN-309 Introduction to the Hispanic World ll
- SPAN-340 Spanish Phonology and Dialectology
- SPAN-370 Advanced Cultural Topics
- ENGL-372 Sociolinguistics and Issues in Language Education
- ENGL-375 Grammar for Teachers of ESL
- IDIS-205 Societal Structures and Education as a Social Enterprise
- IDIS-301 Introduction to Bilingual and ESL Education
- EDUC-303 Curriculum and Instruction: Practicum
Learn more about Calvin's education program.
- Course code: