Calvin College has partnered with the University of Michigan Medical School to provide a full-tuition scholarship for students planning to pursue both a pre-medical program at Calvin College and a medical degree at the University of Michigan.
Each year, one first-time undergraduate Calvin student will be selected for this prestigious opportunity through a highly competitive process:
- a thorough evaluation of academic abilities
- a careful exploration of career aspirations and passion for pursuing a medical degree
- interviews with advisors from Calvin College and the University of Michigan Medical School
- High school GPA of 3.9 or above (4.0 scale)
- Minimum ACT of 31 or SAT of 1340 (combined reading and math)
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, with preference given to underrepresented students
- Must be admitted to Calvin by February 1
- A passion to serve God's world through medicine
What does the award include?
- Four-year, full tuition scholarship at Calvin College (a value of more than $100,000)
- One summer of undergraduate biomedical research at the University of Michigan
- Guaranteed interview for admission to the University of Michigan Medical School; upon acceptance, a four-year, full tuition scholarship for study leading to a medical degree
- Mentoring by Calvin pre-med faculty, Calvin alumni physicians and University of Michigan Medical School staff