Don't miss the chance to get involved in one of the many student organizations especially of interest to political science and international relations majors.
Calvin College Republicans
- The Calvin College Republicans are committed to making a positive difference in student lives so that they can actively discern and engage God’s world. We promote Christian conservative intellectualism by connecting political issues, speakers, debate and activism guided by conservative principles.
- The Chimes is the official student newspaper of the college. Chimes concerns itself with news and editorial comments that concern the Calvin community.
Environmental Stewardship Coalition
- The mission of the ESC is to raise student, faculty and administrative consciousness of current environmental issues and to emphasize Christian stewardship as the responsibility of the Calvin community.
Gender Equality Now
- Gender Equality Now creates a safe space for men and women of Calvin to join together in order to take action and pursue gender justice and equality by addressing and combating injustices women face at Calvin, in the United States, and abroad.
- Leviathan is a student-organized club that plans events to build community within the political science student population.
Model United Nations
- Calvin College seeks to provide the opportunity for students to develop their knowledge of the international politics and issues faced by nations of the world, strengthen their skills in public speaking, research, diplomacy, alliance forming, and adaptability, through simulation in the Model United Nations conference in Chicago annually. Calvin students from a variety of majors represent a different country every year in the simulation. In November of 2015 Calvin Students will be representing Ghana.
Pi Sigma Alpha Award
- Pi Sigma Alpha is the national honor society for undergraduate and graduate students of political science, giving students the opportunity for valuable administrative experience. There are over 650 chapters across the country. Students of government, political science, public administration, and international relations are accepted into the membership when they attain high standards of learning and academic distinction in political science and overall educational work. Pi Sigma Alpha is a student organization that provides a place for students to spend time with other students who are driven and motivated in political science. It gives students opportunities to volunteer in a wide variety of leadership and communication positions. Often at meetings ideas for events and services are discussed.
Social Justice Coalition (SJC)
- SJC seeks to promote social justice, locally and globally, through education, advocacy, and action. We foster active responses to injustices, specifically in the realm of human rights. As part of a global Christian community, we believe the Calvin community should engage issues of justice around the world. To these ends, we organize fair trade fairs, show documentaries, host speakers, discuss issues, write letters, attend conferences, and push initiatives.
- Student Senate has two main facets: representation and programs and initiatives. We appoint students to serve as representatives on governance committees where they are able to directly impact the college decision-making process. We also launch different programs and initiatives to benefit and directly impact the student body. These come in the form of proposals from within Senate or from the Student Body.
Voices Against Human Trafficking
- The group exists because human trafficking is one of the most profitable illegal industries in the world including North America. Human trafficking is defined, by the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, as organized criminal activity in which human beings are treated as possessions to be controlled and exploited, specifically being forced into prostitution or involuntary labor.
- Course code: