The Calvin Student Nursing Association (CSNA) is a constituent of the National Student Nurses' Association (NSNA) and of the Michigan Nursing Students' Association (MNSA). For more information about the CSNA, please contact Deb (Hansen) Bossenbroek, the faculty advisor.
The purpose of the CSNA is to:
- Assume responsibility for contributing to nursing education in order to provide for the highest quality health care.
- Provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interests and concerns.
- Aid in the nursing students' development of the whole person, his/her professional role and his/her responsibility for the health care of people in all walks of life.
- Active members are those students enrolled in the nursing program at Calvin College who have paid dues to the NSNA and MNSA.
- Associate members are those students enrolled in the pre-nursing program in preparation for entrance into the baccalaureate degree program at Calvin College. Associate members shall have all of the privilages of membership except the right to hold office as president, first or second vice president at the local, state, or national levels. Pre-nursing students may be members of CNSA without paying national and state dues but would need to pay dues to be involved at the state or national levels.
The CSNA leadership team is composed of dedicated members who work together to accomplish all CSNA efforts including facilitating meetings; maintaining CSNA’s approval as a club; managing the budget; organizing meetings, activities, events, seminars, and more; as well as promoting student ideas that help keep our organization and nursing program in collaboration.
Want to join the leadership at CSNA? Well, we have room for more leadership! Come to CSNA meetings and events and help us out with the above responsibilities and we would love to welcome you to our team. It not only looks great on your resume but is lots of fun too.
- Course code: