Calvin’s 34-credit Dutch major provides a sequence of language courses that lead to oral and written proficiency in Dutch. You also have enough elective options to take courses in Dutch culture, including art history, literature, history and more.
Course Requirements 2014-2015
(34 semester hours)
- DUTC-101 Elementary Dutch I
- DUTC-102 Elementary Dutch II
- DUTC-201 Intermediate Dutch I
- DUTC-202 Intermediate Dutch II
- Six 300-level electives, one of which maybe an approved Dutch-language interim in the Netherlands.
- Courses taken on semester programs in the Netherlands may apply, provided that students meet with department chair and gain approval for specific courses in advance.
Work with your Dutch advisor to carefully choose six electives for your Dutch major.
- Course code: