The communications arts and sciences program at Calvin is well equipped with studios, smart classrooms, theaters and more.
Bytwerk Video Theater
- The Bytwerk Video Theater is a 150-seat, barrier-free venue for viewing student and professional productions.
Digital editing suites
- The DeVos Communication Center production floor includes six digital (non-linear) video editing suites and four audio editing suites.
Film and video production studios
- The spacious film and video production studio in the lower level of the DeVos Communication Center includes room for several sets.
- Most of the teaching spaces in the DeVos Communication Center are smart classrooms, equipped with useful but unobtrusive technologies.
The Gezon Auditorium
- The Gezon Auditorium has been the main performance space for theatre at Calvin since its dedication in 1974. The theater was designed in the style of the “open vista” stage, popular at the time.
The Lab Theater
- The Lab Theater was built in 1988 as part of the Calvin Chapel construction project. This flexible “black box” theater was built next to the Gezon Auditorium, creating a theater complex.
TV control rooms
- This is a combination classroom and TV control room.