Serve, learn and participate with other students and faculty who are interested in issues related to biology by getting involved in one of four biology-related student-run organizations.
Environmental Stewardship Coalition
- The mission of the ESC is to raise student, faculty and administrative consciousness of current environmental issues and to emphasize Christian stewardship as the responsibility of the Calvin community.
- To support and equip international students into medical schools by providing useful information early. The organization is open to all who are interested in increasing the chances of Calvin College international students entering their desired medical schools. Inter-Medz strives to promote equality in terms of ethnicity and racial justice. By introducing its members to a higher pursuit of knowledge, the organization hopes to inculcate the spirit of excellence into its members while pursuing their Christian calling.
Physical, Occupational and Recreational Therapy Club
- We seek to be an avenue through which students can explore the interdisciplinary nature of physical rehabilitation. Through a broad range of speakers, media and peer-to-peer interaction the breadth of physical rehabilitation will be explored and networks of support will be developed.
- The Pre-Dental Club strives to promote and support undergraduate study of dental medicine and oral health care as an occupation. Students will also gain insight on the service opportunities available through the dental profession.
- If you're interested in doing medicine, the Pre-Medical Club connects you to speakers, mentors, discussions, study sessions, movies, medical school visits, and service within the greater community, all with a Christian perspective.
- Physician assistant programs and requirements are unique for each graduate school. Pre-PA students at Calvin will benefit from a club specific to their healthcare profession by assisting them in preparing for service to Christ within their particular vocation.
- The Calvin Pre-Vet Club creates a unique atmosphere for anyone interested in a future career with animals.
- Course code: