Cell 3D Imaging System (Zeiss Apotome)
- Allows cells to be grown in culture by emulating a cell’s normal environment in an organism.
Computerized Physiology Monitoring Equipment
Eon Microplate Reader
- Used for measuring absorbance, fluorescence of luminescence of indicator compounds in cellular/biochemical reactions.
- Measures fluorescently-labeled structures in or on cells. Can be applied to identify leukemia cells or the amount of DNA in individual cells.
Fluidigm BioMark HD
- Used for high-throughput quantitative PCR and genotyping.
- Used for viewing fluorescently labeled structures in cells and tissue.
- Measuring fluorescently tagged structures in cells and tissues
- Used to insert (shoots) genes into living plants and animals.
Image Documentation System
- Used for digitizing images for permanently recording laboratory data.
Infrared Imaging System
- Used for viewing living cells growing in culture. Can be used for viewing living cells growing in culture and observing cellular responses to infection.
- Used for sequencing the genomes of bacteria and bacteriophages (both cultured and uncultured). Sequencing mRNA from a variety of sources.
Maldi-Tof Mass Spectrometer
- The Matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) is an important tool in the analysis of biomolecules.
Portable Photosynthesis System
- Used to measure leaf fluorescence and gas exchange rates (CO2 and H2O) between plant leaves or insects and the atmosphere.
Ultracentrifuge and Rotors
- Separates structures by rotation at ultra high speed (80,000 rpm, 605,000 x g), an ultra high-speed refrigerated centrifuge
- Course code: