Earn honors in the BSW program
To graduate with honors in social work, you must apply to the honors program and must meet the following criteria:
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 within the major as well as overall and a total of six honors courses (18 hours minimum) overall, including at least three honors courses outside the major
- Complete at least three honors courses within the major
- Choose at least two of the three courses from SOWK 320, 350, or 360
- Choose the third course from SOWK 255, 371, 372, or 373
- Complete an honors research thesis or project developed in an independent research study (390 course), the 381 capstone seminar, or another approved means
- Make a public presentation of your thesis results
Honors students are encouraged to participate in department seminars and colloquia, when appropriate.
The department's honors advisor is Prof. Joe Kuilema.