You may obtain credit from other schools while studying at Calvin.
Steps to follow:
- Determine the school you wish to attend and the course(s) you wish to take.
- Fill out the Transfer Credit Pre-approval Form and submit it to academic services.
- Register at the other college as a guest student. If requested to verify your standing at Calvin, use the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application.
- Complete the course with a grade of C or better.
- Request an official transcript to be sent to Calvin for posting to your academic record.
Please visit our transfer equivalency guide for a list of selected schools often used for transfer credit by Calvin students. If your school is not in the list, we will still accept credit. Filling out a Transfer Credit Pre-Approval Form will help you know if your course will transfer for the purpose you intend. If you are seeking to transfer courses to fill requirements in a major or a minor, please remember to obtain your advisor's signature on the form.
Please visit our FAQ page.