Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content

Transfer Information: Current Students

Current students

You may obtain credit from other schools while studying at Calvin.

Transfer credit process

  • Determine the school you wish to attend and the course(s) you wish to take.
  • Fill out the Transfer Credit Pre-approval Form and submit it to academic services. (For core and general elective credit, you may fill and submit the fillable pdf form here. Any major or minor equivalents must be approved by an advisor.)
  • Register at the other college as a guest student. If requested to verify your standing at Calvin, use the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application.
  • Complete the course with a grade of C or better.
  • Request an official transcript to be sent to Calvin for posting to your academic record.

Pre-approved courses

Please visit our transfer equivalency guide for a list of selected schools often used for transfer credit by Calvin students.  If a course equivalency is on one of these lists, the course is considered pre-approved.

Major and/or minor requirements

If you are seeking to transfer courses to fill requirements in a major or a minor, please remember to obtain your advisor's signature on the form. Cognate transfer approvals require authorization from your advisor.

Notes about non-transferrable coursework

  • One Biblical/Theological Core must be taken at Calvin.
  • Developing a Christian Mind, and Integrative Studies Core must be taken at Calvin.
  • At least four upper-level courses in your major must be completed at Calvin.

More information

Please visit our FAQ page.



Contact Anna Ferrell,
Transfer Evaluator.