You may obtain credit from other schools while studying at Calvin.
Transfer credit process
- Determine the school you wish to attend and the course(s) you wish to take.
- Fill out the Transfer Credit Pre-approval Form and submit it to academic services.
- Register at the other college as a guest student. If requested to verify your standing at Calvin, use the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application.
- Complete the course with a grade of C or better.
- Request an official transcript to be sent to Calvin for posting to your academic record.
Please visit our transfer equivalency guide for a list of selected schools often used for transfer credit by Calvin students. If a course equivalency is on one of these lists, the course is considered pre-approved.
Major and/or minor requirements
If you are seeking to transfer courses to fill requirements in a major or a minor, please remember to obtain your advisor's signature on the form. Cognate transfer approvals require authorization from your advisor.
Notes about non-transferrable coursework
- One Biblical/Theological Core must be taken at Calvin.
- Developing a Christian Mind, and Integrative Studies Core must be taken at Calvin.
- At least four upper-level courses in your major must be completed at Calvin.
Please visit our FAQ page.