How to request an apostille
To request a certifying apostille for your diploma, transcript, or other document, please contact academic services.
We will notarize your requested document(s) and obtain the apostille from Michigan's Department of State on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, and will subsequently send your documents within one additional business day.
Fees & Mailing
You will be charged a $35.00 fee to apostille the first document, and $1.00 per additional document.
Your document(s) will be mailed first class through the United States Postal Service at no additional fee.
Express mail options are also available:
- FedEx overnight within the US: $12.00 per address
- FedEx rush to Canada: $15.50 per address
- FedEx rush to all other countries: $18.00 per address
Transcript and diploma costs:
- $5.00 per official transcript. Transcripts may be ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse. Please state in the 'Special Instructions' box that you need it issued with an apostille. More information is avialable on our Transcript Request page.
- $15.00 for a new diploma. Please contact acadmeic services to request a replacement diploma. Note: If you graduated after 2008, we may have an electronic scanned copy of your diploma on file. This copy can be notarized and issued with an apostille at no extra diploma charge.
The Office of Academic Services will contact you after your initial request verifying final details and cost.
We will begin processing your documents as soon as your request has been received, however full payment is required before we can release them.
Payment in the form of cash, check, or money order (payable to Calvin College) is accepted.