Find a summer research opportunity beyond Calvin
Undergraduate research opportunities also exist at other institutions. These positions offer a stipend and often a travel or housing allowance.
- The National Science Foundation funds Research Experiences for Undergraduates programs at institutions around the country.
- The Council for Undergraduate Research has a page listing student research opportunities..
- Department of Energy
- Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO)
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) Student Opportunities
- U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) HS-STEM Summer Internship Program
- Pierce Cedar Creek Institute, situated in Southwest Michigan, offers hands-on and practical field experience through undergraduate research. Summer research grants are available.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) Challenge Program for Undergraduates
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory Higher Education REsearch Experiences (HERE)
- Amgen Scholars Program an undergraduate summer research program in science and biotechnology
- Doris Duke Conservation Scholars Program at the University of Washington is a paid, multi-summer, undergraduate experiential learning program that explores conservation across climate, water, food and ecosystems of the Pacific Northwest.