The VanDerWoude Science Scholarship
This scholarship was established in memory of Dr. William J. VanDerWoude, a plant physiologist who had a broad interest in all of the sciences. Bill valued intellectual curiosity and the thoughtful study of creation, and he appreciated Calvin's commitment to both of them. This scholarship is intended to support and encourage a junior or senior science major who demonstrates these same qualities.
- Pursuing a degree in one of the sciences: Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Integrated Science, Mathematics or Physics
- Current Calvin student planning to enroll full time the following year
- Entering Junior or Senior year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
- This scholarship is automatically renewable if a grade point average of 3.3 or higher is maintained and the recipient continues to be a science major. Thus, a new scholarship may not be awarded every year.