Fulfill your writing requirement
The religion department allows you to fulfill your college writing requirement within your program as a religion major or secondary education/religion major.
As you fulfill the writing requirement, you will receive individual faculty attention in a course of your choosing (excluding Religion 121, 131, 359 and 396). You should meet with the professor of your course and decide upon the nature and length of writing assignments at the beginning of the semester. Your agreement should then be recorded in a writing requirement contract.
Once you successfully complete the course and its special writing component, copies of the contract you signed at the beginning of the course should be sent to the Registrar and your religion department advisor.
Writing program details
- You should ordinarily complete the religion writing requirement before their senior year.
- You will meet with your course professor during the semester to receive instruction and feedback on your writing.
- Plan to write a short diagnostic essay in the first two weeks of the semester.
- You will write a research/thesis paper (normally about 10-12 pages) as
part of the normal writing assignment for the course on which they will
receive additional supervision.
- Your writing assignments will comprise at least 25% of your course grade.