April 24, 2010
Please join the Calvin College psychology department for the 2010 Michigan Undergraduate Psychology Research Conference.
This year's MUPRC will be held at the DeVos Communication Center at Calvin College. See a map and directions »
Charlotte vanOyen Witvliet, Ph. D.
"Positive Reappraisals of Negative Interpersonal Experiences: The Psychophysiology of Compassion and Benefit-Finding"
Charlotte, an alumna of Calvin College, is Professor of Psychology at Hope College. She was trained as a scientist-practitioner clinical psychologist at Purdue University. At Hope, she has mentored dozens of students in her psychophysiology lab. Seven students have co-authored publications, and twelve students have authored or co-authored award winning presentations of research on grudges, forgiveness, justice, and gratitude. Her research is supported by grants from the Fetzer Institute and the John Templeton Foundation. Professor Witvliet is a Senior Fellow of the Emory University Center for the Study of Law and Religion and a member of the Fetzer Institute's Forgiveness Research Network. Her work has been featured in over a hundred media outlets, including Time, Newsweek, O:The Oprah Magazine, USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and
Deadline: April 1, 2010
Abstract submission deadline: April 5, 2010
$10 per person covers the cost of lunch and refreshments.
Register for MUPRC 2010 by e-mailing Don Tellinghuisen (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information by April 1, 2010:
- Name of institution
- Name of primary contact person
- Number of students presenting
- Number of students attending (including those who will present)
- Number of faculty attending
- Names of all attendees (so that we can prepare badges)
- Total number of people who will want lunch
We prefer that you register as a group for an entire institution, rather than individually. A contact person should send one check for all people coming to the conference from your institution.
If you are the contact person from your institution, send one check for the full amount of the cost of lunch for all attendees to:
1734 Knollcrest Circle SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
- 10:00-10:30 am: Registration (campus closed until 10:00 am)
- 10:30-10:40 am: Welcome
- 10:40-12:25 pm: Paper Session
- 12:30-1:00 pm: Lunch
- 1:00-1:30 pm: Poster Session
- 1:45-2:45 pm: Charlotte vanOyen-Witvliet in Calvin College Meeter Center, and brief MUPRC business meeting (planning future conference dates and locations)
A more detailed program will be available at the conference.