Considering a career in the legal profession
Calvin's pre-law program can help you to make the most of your liberal arts education at Calvin. The pre-law program will provide you with the resources you need to discover whether a career in the legal profession is appropriate for you and help you prepare to enter the field of law.
Pre-law is a specialization within a chosen major for students at Calvin; there is no pre-law major, per se and as such, there are no required pre-law courses. Instead, students select a major field of study in an area of interest to them as they prepare to attend law school after earning their four year degree. Law schools accept undergraduate degrees in various fields and interests, with the specific training in the "major" of law taking place in law school.
Coming Up on Campus.....
Pre-Law Immersion Class to be Offered during Interim 2014
Calvin Alumna Ana Stutler
Starting Detroit Legal Clinic
Former Calvin students, Ana Stutler is the organization director of a new legal clinic which she has started with her church in eastern Detroit. The clinic, MACC Legal, is part of a development organization that is focused on meeting the needs of individuals living in the 48214 zip code. Stutler is looking for Christian attorneys who would like to be involved in this valuable community service. For more information, contact Stutler or check http://maccdevelopment.com/legal/
What we offer
- Advising and course recommendations for students wishing to gain admission to law school
- Special events for pre-law students
- Internship opportunities in the legal field
- A mentoring program that pairs students with Calvin alumni working in the legal field
- LSAT and LSAT practice tests
- Pre-Law Program Library containing information about law careers, law schools, LSAT testing and more