Considering a career in the legal profession
Calvin's pre-law program can help you to make the most of your liberal arts education at Calvin. The pre-law program will provide you with the resources you need to discover whether a career in the legal profession is appropriate for you and help you prepare to enter the field of law.
Pre-law is a specialization within a chosen major for students at Calvin; there is no pre-law major, per se and as such, there are no required pre-law courses. Instead, students select a major field of study in an area of interest to them as they prepare to attend law school after earning their four year degree. Law schools accept undergraduate degrees in various fields and interests, with the specific training in the "major" of law taking place in law school.
News and Updates.....
Calvin Student Serena Hamann interns at Varnum Law for spring, 2014
Calvin students taking the LSAT in 2013-14 received an average score of 163, the equivalent of scoring in the 87th percentile nationally!
What we offer
- Advising and course recommendations for students wishing to gain admission to law school
- Special events for pre-law students
- Internship opportunities in the legal field
- A mentoring program that pairs students with Calvin alumni working in the legal field
- LSAT and LSAT practice tests
- Pre-Law Program Library containing information about law careers, law schools, LSAT testing and more