Considering a career in the legal profession
Calvin's Pre-Law Program can help you to make the most of your liberal arts education at Calvin. The Pre-Law Program will provide you with the resources you need to discover whether a career in the legal profession is appropriate for you and help you prepare to enter the field of law.
Pre-law is a specialization within a chosen major for students at Calvin; there is no pre-law major, per se and as such, there are no required pre-law courses. Instead, students select a major field of study in an area of interest to them as they prepare to attend law school after earning their four year degree. Law schools accept undergraduate degrees in various fields and interests, with the specific training in the "major" of law taking place in law school. Law school graduates become eligible to practice law by satisfying the licensing requirements of the jurisdiction(s) in which they intend to practice.
News and Updates.....
Internship credit and possible transportation assistance available
What we offer
- Advising and course recommendations for students wishing to gain admission to law school
- Special events for pre-law students
- Internship opportunities in the legal field
- A mentoring program that pairs students with Calvin alumni working in the legal field
- LSAT information and LSAT practice tests
- Pre-Law Program Library containing information about law careers, law schools, LSAT testing and more