At Calvin, you'll find opportunities around every corner to get the hands-on experience you need to be successful in medical, dental or veterinary school.
- This January, a group of Calvin pre-health students are taking their learning from the classroom to rural Malawi through a new partnership between Calvin and Mission to Heal, an organization that sends health care practitioners to developing parts of the world with high medical needs to treat patients and to train local health care workers. Read more >>
- In your first year, conduct research on organisms called phages as part of a special grant program through the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- Work with faculty on summer and academic-year research studies that may result in co-authored professional biology publications and chemistry publications and presentations.
- Get clinical experience while you are completing your undergraduate pre-professional program. Grand Rapids is a fantastic location. There are five major hospitals within 13 miles of campus.
- Work on large-scale research projects searching for cures to diseases such as cancer and diabetes at places like the Van Andel Research Institute in downtown Grand Rapids.
- Explore health care outside the United States by heading off-campus during the three-week January term (interim) or for an entire semester.