At Calvin, you'll find opportunities around every corner to get the hands-on experience you need to be successful in medical, dental or veterinary school.
- In your first year, conduct research on organisms called phages as part of a special grant program through the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- Work with faculty on summer and academic-year research studies that may result in co-authored professional biology publications and chemistry publications and presentations.
- Get clinical experience while you are completing your undergraduate pre-professional program. Grand Rapids is a fantastic location. There are five major hospitals within 13 miles of campus.
- Work on large-scale research projects searching for cures to diseases such as cancer and diabetes at places like the Van Andel Research Institute in downtown Grand Rapids.
- Explore health care outside the United States by heading off-campus during the three-week January term (interim) or for an entire semester.