Political Science and International Relations
Professor Pelz's article, "Gentrification: Building Diverse Communities?", was recently published on the Capital Commentary on the Center for Public Justice website.
Ryan Struyk , a 2014 graduate, is currently a web journalist intern with ABC news and has two articles published: Why Everyone in Congress Should Be Freaking Out (or Not) and Here's Why Congress Is Losing 660 Years of Experience .
News & Events
- Prof. McBride and Henry Institute Fellow, Mr. Todd Huizinga were interviewed regarding the Russia/Ukraine conflict by WGVU TV on April 4, 2014.
- 2014 Political Science Scholarship Reception was held April 24th.
- Congratulations to Prof. Westra on being one of the 2013-2014 recipients of the Faculty Lectureship Award Series. His lecture "Global Security Governance in a Changing World: Institutional Legitimacy and Prospects for Reform" was presented Tuesday, March 18, 2014, at the CFAC Recital Hall.
- Congratulations to Prof. den Dulk on the publication of two books in 2014. He co-authored– Religion and Politics in America (5th ed., Westview) and he co-edited Christianity In Chinese Public Life (Palgrave Macmillian)
- Ukraine Panel discussion held March 4, 2014.
- Just released in the on-line magazine C/O Exist: Middle East Culture Series are the summaries of the talks presented at the forum "Intervention in Syria: Understanding the Debate" held Sept. 24, 2013.
- The Center for Public Justice asked Prof. McBride to write a 3-part series on "International Efforts to Regulate Adoption". The third article published Nov. 22, 2013 is coauthored with Brooke Bonnema, a first-year student in International Relations and Psychology. The first article was published Nov. 8, 2013. The second article was published Nov. 15, 2013..
- At the 2013 Model United Nations Conference Calvin students represented Jordan.