Political Science and International Relations
James Randall, current POLS/IR double major, presented his paper, "Interstate Integration and Intrastate Nationalism: The Fragmentation of the European Union's Multinational States" at the Michigan Academy of Science, Arts, and Letters annual conference on March 22, 2013.
Professor den Dulk along with Jonathan Hill, Calvin Sociology Professor, have published an article "Religion, Volunteering, and Educational Setting: The Effect of Youth Schooling Type on Civic Engagement." in the "Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion" 52 (1): 179-97. March 2013. This article is a result of a study they have done to show that the type of high school a student attends impacts their motivation to volunteer as adults.
News & Events
- N. Korea Forum held April 30 at 3:30 P.M. in the DeVos Center lobby. The political science department presented an informal forum about the current situation in N. Korea.
- Election Night Pizza Party, Tuesday Nov. 6, 2012. from 7PM-11PM in De Vos Center Lobby
- Post-election Recap Thursday, Nov. 8 from 6PM-7:30PM in De Vos Center Lobby.
- Congratulations to Ryan DeVries '12, an international relations major, who is awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to teach English in Taiwan for a year starting Fall 2012.
- Prof. Westra was a guest of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of China (Taiwan), as part of the US Scholars’ Delegation July 8-14, 2012. More information in the Fall 2012 issue of Politeia
- Political Science Retreat for faculty and students at Camp Waltman Lake in Pierson from April 20-21, 2012.
- 2011 Model United Nations Conference - Calvin students represent Latvia..
- Scholarship Reception April 25, 2013
- Ice Cream Feast