Political Science and International Relations
Professor Pelz's article, "Gentrification: Building Diverse Communities?", was recently published on the Capital Commentary on the Center for Public Justice website.
Ryan Struyk , a 2014 graduate, is currently a web journalist intern with ABC news and has two articles published: Why Everyone in Congress Should Be Freaking Out (or Not) and Here's Why Congress Is Losing 660 Years of Experience .
The Department of Political Science at Calvin College invites applications for a tenure-track position in political theory at the rank of assistant or associate professor beginning in fall 2015.
News & Events
- Constitution Day September 17, 2014
Kevin denDulk, political science professor, Steve Monsma, Henry Institute fellow and Christine deGroot, religion professor and interim chair of gender studies will discuss “Religious Freedom and LGBT Rights: A Constitution Day Conversation” at 3:30-5PM in DeVos Center Lobby.
- Prof. McBride and Henry Institute Fellow, Mr. Todd Huizinga were interviewed regarding the Russia/Ukraine conflict by WGVU TV on April 4, 2014.
- 2014 Political Science Scholarship Reception was held April 24th.
- Congratulations to Prof. Westra on being one of the 2013-2014 recipients of the Faculty Lectureship Award Series. His lecture "Global Security Governance in a Changing World: Institutional Legitimacy and Prospects for Reform" was presented Tuesday, March 18, 2014, at the CFAC Recital Hall.
- Congratulations to Prof. den Dulk on the publication of two books in 2014. He co-authored– Religion and Politics in America (5th ed., Westview) and he co-edited Christianity In Chinese Public Life (Palgrave Macmillian)
- Ukraine Panel discussion held March 4, 2014.
- Just released in the on-line magazine C/O Exist: Middle East Culture Series are the summaries of the talks presented at the forum "Intervention in Syria: Understanding the Debate" held Sept. 24, 2013.
- The Center for Public Justice asked Prof. McBride to write a 3-part series on "International Efforts to Regulate Adoption". The third article published Nov. 22, 2013 is coauthored with Brooke Bonnema, a first-year student in International Relations and Psychology. The first article was published Nov. 8, 2013. The second article was published Nov. 15, 2013..
- At the 2013 Model United Nations Conference Calvin students represented Jordan.