Wildrik Botjes Planetarium
The Botjes planetarium is a fully operational model of the solar system completed in 1868. It is on display in North Hall. To learn more about the planetarium, click on the detail of interest in the image or select a topic from the list below.
- Why build a planetarium?
- Orbits of the planets
- Motions of the sun and moon (years and months)
- The celestial sphere: diurnal motion of the stars
- Time of day
- Day of the week
- History of the Botjes planetarium
- Mechanism and restoration
- Another planetarium
- Directions to visit the planetarium
|Calvin observatory home page|
Written 1/17/02 and extensively revised and expanded 8/27/3 by Larry Molnar