Skip to Navigation | Skip to Content

Medical Issues, Health & Safety

Replacing a Lost Passport

If you lose a passport, report it to your program director immediately. Report that the passport is lost or stolen immediately to the closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate and file a police report. Download and print Form DS-64, the Statement regarding lost or stolen passports (see link below). Go to the closest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to receive a new passport. A copy of your passport page and being registered with Embassy or Consulate will help in the replacement process.

- State Department’s website for registering groups (this has been done for the group prior to departure).
- See the State Department’s website for a listing of all US Embassy and Consulate websites and locations.
- State Department Form DS-64 can be downloaded here.

For students who are not American citizens, students and the program director will need to contact the nearest embassy or consulate of the country that issued your passport.