Apply to study off-campus during interim
Once you have decided which Off-Campus Interim you would like to apply to, you need to complete the following application materials and return them directly to one of the instructors of the course. Check with the instructor of the interim also to see if they have any other forms for you to complete or if they have a modified application.
NOTE: Make sure that the course you are interested in is still open to applications BEFORE applying by contacting the program instructor. If you live on-campus, you are eligible for the Interim Travel Grant ($500 if you live on campus the whole year and $250 if you live on campus fall or spring semester). To verify the amount of your reimbursement, please check with the Housing Office.
- Interim Application (Word document) - Make sure to answer all questions and sign the application.
- Health Form (PDF document) - Must be given to the instructor with the application.
- Mental Health Form (PDF document) - Must be given to the instructor with the application.
- Waiver and Release Agreement for Calvin College Off-Campus Study Programs (PDF document) - By signing the interim application, you agree that you have read and understand this legal waiver. If you have any questions, please see the Off-Campus Programs Office.
- Recommendation Form (Word document) - Every off-campus interim application must have at least one recommendation. Check with the course instructor(s) to find out how many the course requires.
- Verification of Insurance Form - Must complete and give to your instructor.
- Emergency Contact Form - Complete one of these for your Interim Instructor.
- Passport Information - U.S. citizens traveling overseas are required to have a valid passport when leaving or re-entering the United States. Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant, issue or verify United States passports.
- Financial Aid - Financial aid is available in the form of grants (ranging from $200 to $800) and named scholarships.
APPLICATIONS FOR GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERIM 2014 WILL BE AVAILABLE IN LATE AUGUST/SEPTEMBER.
• When it becomes available, download the 2014 interim grant application and turn it in to the Financial Aid Office by October 30, 2012 (March 5, 2013 for May/June Interims). Please note that this grant is different from the Interim Travel grant from Student Housing given to students living in on campus housing.
• When it becomes available, download the 2014 Interim scholarship application and turn it in to the Financial Aid Office by October 1, 2012. Search here for all scholarships available for interim.
If you are planning on doing an off-campus independent study interim course, see the Off-Campus Programs office for special application instructions.