Current Honors Guidelines
To graduate with 'Honors' in the nursing major the student must:
- Obtain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 within the nursing major by the time of graduation.
- Obtain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 overall by the time of graduation.
- Complete at least six honors courses overall (18 hours minimum), including at least two honors courses outside the major. One of the nursing major honors courses must be Nursing 380.
- Meet with the honors advisor to develop a plan for the honors courses that will support the final honors thesis.
- Arrange for honors work in a specific course with the faculty teaching the course and the nursing honors advisor. Any course in the nursing major may be taken for honors.
- Submit an honors thesis as part of Nursing 380, the capstone course in the nursing major.
- Present a summary of this honors thesis at the Department of Nursing Seminar Series.
- Consider submitting an abstract of the honors thesis in other scholarly venues such as Kappa Epsilon or MNRS.