A high school graduate interested in nursing is eligible for early admission to the nursing major at Calvin College. The student must meet the following criteria:
- A composite ACT of equal to or greater than 28 or
- An SAT critical reading plus math score of equal to or greater than 1260 or
- Average marks of 91% or higher from a Canadian high school
- Students must specify a nursing major on their Calvin College application and submit their final Early Admission qualifying ACT, SAT, or marks from a Canadian High School on or before Feb 1st prior to Calvin admission for their freshman year.
In order to maintain early admission status, a student, at the Calvin College Department of Nursing application deadline, must have:
- A 3.5 GPA in the nursing prerequisite courses at Calvin
- A 3.3 cumulative GPA at Calvin
- Completed admission requirements (i.e. criminal background check, disciplinary check, drug screen, fingerprint check) as specified in the Calvin catalog of the year of the student’s admission to Calvin.