Weather Station Technician
REPORTS TO: Dr. Deanna van Dijk
JOB PURPOSE: Monitor and maintain the Calvin Weather Station.
- Monthly site visits.
- Monitor online datalogging.
- Prepare monthly data reports.
- Transfer weather data into Calvin’s website.
NECESSARY SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be a GEO major with an overall Calvin GPA of 2.7 or better.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with weather station supervisor.
- Must be able to follow directions given for the maintenance of the weather station.
- Must model and insist on compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Applicant should have some aptitude for working with computers.
- Must be courteous, prompt, dependable and honest.
- Preference will be given to majors who have taken GEOG - 250 (Meteorology).
STARTING WAGE: $8.15/hr (with appropriate increase for prior experience in department)
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Academic year.
HOURS: Flexible, arrange with supervisor, 4-6/week