REPORTS TO: Dr. Deanna van Dijk
JOB PURPOSE: Facilitate weather data collection and promote weather awareness.
- Maintain weather instruments used for teaching and research.
- Assist with weather data collection for teaching, research, and outreach.
- Promote weather awareness via website, bulletin boards, lobby display, and other means.
- Maintain weather data and respond to requests for data.
NECESSARY SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to communicate effectively with weather technician supervisor.
- Must be able to follow directions for the maintenance and use of weather instruments for research and teaching.
- Must model and insist on compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Must be a GEO major with an overall Calvin GPA of 2.7 or better.
- Preference will be given to majors who have taken Geography 250 (Meteorology).
- Applicant should have some aptitude for working with computers.
- Must be courteous, prompt, dependable, honest, and able to assume the responsibilities given.
STARTING WAGE: $8.15/hr
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Academic year.
HOURS: Flexible, arrange with supervisor, 4-6/week