REPORTS TO: GEO Department Manager
JOB PURPOSE: Assist GEO Department Manager with regular adminsitrative and publicity tasks; assist with preparation and implementation of GEO Seminar Series.
- Assist with administrative or publicity work for ongoing and special department projects. Tasks may include photocopying/scanning, creating/posting bulletin boards, small online research projects, etc.
- Create and distribute seminar posters for each event
- Advertise event in Calvin News, Calvin Student News, and email event details to GEO Students.
- Set-up refreshments before seminars; clean up after seminars.
NECESSARY SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be organized, self-motivated, and able to complete assigned tasks with attention to detail and minimal supervision.
Must be able to communicate effectively with the Department Assistant.
- Must be available Friday afternoons up to an hour before and after Seminar Series (which runs 3:30pm-5:00pm) for set-up before and clean up after.
STARTING WAGE LEVEL: $8.15/hr
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: one semester
HOURS: Flexible, 5-8/week