Map Library Curator
REPORTS TO: Department assistant/lab manager
JOB PURPOSE: Maintain the GEO map library; assist in the upgrading of library quality as requested by the map library supervisor.
- File maps that are returned to library.
- Accession new maps into the library collections and directory.
- Maintain map collections in a useable manner; making suggestions as to space arrangements.
- Maintain overall library cleanliness.
- Perform inventory as needed.
NECESSARY SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have taken an introductory-level course in geography or geology, and have an overall Calvin G.P.A. of 2.7 or better.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with library supervisor.
- Must be able to follow directions given for the maintenance of the library.
- Must model and insist on compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Must be courteous, prompt, dependable and honest.
- Preference will be given to majors in geography or geology.
STARTING WAGE LEVEL: $8.15/hr (with appropriate increase for prior experience in department)
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Academic year
HOURS: Flexible, about 4 hours per week