GIS Lab Technician
REPORTS TO: Dr. Jason VanHorn
JOB PURPOSE: to help in maintaining smooth operation of the Geospatial lab.
- Assist students currently enrolled in GIS classes with questions pertaining to GIS labs and projects.
- Be the first resource for non-GIS students with questions who are using GIS in project work in other fields of study.
- Assist Dr. VanHorn with development and maintenance of lab exercises.
- Assist Dr. VanHorn with small GIS and cartographic research assignments.
- Assist Dr. VanHorn in coordinating outreach to the larger Calvin community, regarding the use and valueof GIS.
NECESSARY SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must have completed Geography 261 with a grade of B or better, and be in good academic standing with the college with an overall GPA of 2.7.
Must be organized, self-motivated, and able to complete assigned tasks with attention to detail and minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with other students and with supervisor.
STARTING WAGE LEVEL: $8.15/hr
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: academic year commitment preferred, can negotiate by semester if needed.
HOURS: 2-3 days of week, 2 hour time blocks; weekly schedule must be consistent; to be arranged with supervisor. Position can be held concurrently with Geog 261 Teaching Assistant position.