Explore with GEO field trips
In GEO courses, you'll be outside the classroom as much as possible exploring mines, quarries, sand dunes, and much more.
A trip to a gypsum mine in Wyoming, Mich.
Bruce Peninsula - Tobermory, Ontario
Coastal Ice - Lake Michigan
Fossil Hunting at LaFarge Quarry - Alpena Michigan
Silver Lake Dunes - Hart, Michigan
National Weather Service Forecast Center - Grand Rapids, Michigan
Stratified Glacial Deposits - Southern Kent County, Michigan
Other recent field trips include:
- Au Sable Institute of Environmental Studies - Mancelona, Michigan
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore (and surrounding area) - Traverse City, Michigan
- Grand Valley State University Archaeology Lab - Allendale, Michigan
- Shedd Aquarium - Chicago, Illinois
- W.G. Jackson Research Vessel - Lake Michigan at Grand Haven, Michigan