- Hometown: Pella, IA
- Now lives in Grand rapids with his wife Irene
- Completed a B.A. in Chemistry at Calvin College, 1949
- Recieved his M.A.T. in science and math at Western Michigan University, 1959
- Received his PhD in Chemistry from Purdue University, 1965
- Worked as an anayltical Chemist for a while
- Taught Grand Rapids Christian High School
- Worked briefly at Lawrence Radiation Laboratory in Livermore, CA
- Joined the GEO department in 1967 as a full-time Geology Professor, hired to develop courses and programs in Earth Science and Geology.
- Retired in 1990
- Preparing a paper for publication: "Composition of 36 chondrule from the Allende Meteorite."
- Searching for details in the discovery and history of the Grand Rapids meteorite