- February 2010
- Hong Kong Baptist University, Janel Curry
- January 2010
- Chinese University of Hong Kong, Janel Curry
- November 2009
- “Backwater, Bellwether, Barometer? — Personal Spirituality, Organized Religion and Public Life in the Pacific Northwest”
- September 2009
- Diekema, Marsden, Wolterstorff panel on Academic Freedom
[Text of discussion available; Audio also available.]
- March 2009
- Speaker: Dr. John Copeland Nagle, Professor of Law, University of Notre Dame, "Controlling China’s Pollution," [audio here]
- February 2009
- Speaker: Janel Curry, Byker Chair, "Religion and Social Order: Lessons Illuminated by the Tragedies of Hurricane Katrina and the Asian Tsunami"
- October 2008
- Speakers: Rob and Tara Cahill "Take a Walk on the Wild Side - Guatemala"
- See profile in Calvin College News >
- September 2008
- Speaker: Dr. John Baden, President of the Foundation for Research on Economics and the Environment, Bozeman, MT
- "Revelations and Institutions: The theology and political economy of Hutterite and Mormon experiments with intentional communities"
- "The Political Economy of Endangered Species"
Byker Chair Past Sponsored Events
Current Events and Resources
Take a Walk on the Wild Side - Guatemala, Rob and Tara Cahill Visit
"Controlling China’s Pollution," John Nagle lecture
- A Model of Christian Charity Governor John Winthrop (1630 on board the Arbella)
- Decisive Issues Facing Christians Today, John Stott, chapters 1 & 2
- Decisive Issues Facing Christians Today, John Stott, chapters 3 & 4
- Lectures on Calvinism, "Calvinism and Politics"
- "The Puritans' Greatest Achievement...," Timothy Breen and Stephen Foster
Curry's speaking engagement
Other Calvin Chairs
Endowed and honorary chairs at Calvin College, including their years of establishment and donors
1952: Queen Juliana Chair of the Language and Culture of the Netherlands (non-endowed)
1994: William Spoelhof Teacher-Scholar-in-Residence Chair, endowed by Stanley ’52 and Harriet van Reken
1997: Paul B. Henry Chair for the Study of Christianity and Politics, endowed by friends and family of the late Paul Henry
2004: Gary and Henrietta Byker Chair in Christian Perspectives on Political, Social, and Economic Thought, endowed by friends and family of former Michigan Sen. Gary Byker and his wife Henrietta
2004: Arthur H. DeKruyter Chair in Faith and Communication, endowed by friends and family of Arthur H. DeKruyter
2006: Brummel Chair in Organic Chemistry, endowed by Roger and Connie Brummel
2006: Frederik Meijer Chair in Dutch Language and Culture, endowed by Frederik and Lena Meijer