FYRES Student Research Posters
Each FYRES research team designs and produces a poster on their research project and its preliminary results. The research teams present the posters at the Calvin Environmental Assessment Program (CEAP) poster session in early December. At the poster session, the students respond to questions and comments from an audience that is viewing posters on a variety of topics related to the environment of Calvin College and its surroundings.
Because of the time needed for large-format printing, the posters are constructed fairly early in the research process for each team. The poster results are preliminary and are usually revised for the oral presentations that the research teams give at the end of the semester. You can view the poster results below, but we recommend that you use the research report if you are interested in the final results of a project.
2011 FYRES Student Posters
- Analysis of Management Techniques at North Beach Park Dune (pdf of poster)
- Interactions between Blowout Formation and Trails on the Dune Ridge (pdf of poster)
- Relationships between Oriental Bittersweet and Castle Park Dune (pdf of poster)
2012 FYRES Student Posters
- Effects of Management Techniques on Castle Park Dune (pdf of poster)
- The Evolution of the Kitchel-Lindquist Blowouts (pdf of poster)
- Effectiveness of Management Efforts on Mt. Pisgah (pdf to poster)
- Unmanaged Trails on the North Beach Dune (pdf to poster)
- Managing Trails on a Dune to Protect Pitcher's Thistle (pdf to poster)
- Lake Michigan Coastal Dune Interaction with Storms (pdf to poster)