Are you interested in participating in the FYRES project as the FYRES Coordinator?
The FYRES Coordinator is a student who coordinates activities and data collection for the First-Year Research in Earth Sciences program during the academic year. Responsibilities include providing logistical support, assisting with data collection and storage, maintaining the FYRES website, distributing research results, and recruiting students. See the position description for more details.
Necessary Skills, Abilities and Qualifications
The ideal FYRES Coordinator:
- will have prior experience with the FYRES program, such as experience as a FYRES student or FYRES Research Mentor.
- must be in good academic standing with an overall GPA of 2.8 or above.
- must be able to communicate effectively.
- must be organized and detail-oriented, with an ability to follow directions for implementing required tasks.
- must be courteous, prompt, dependable, honest, and able to maintain confidentiality.
To apply for the position of FYRES Coordinator, submit a resume, a copy of your transcript, and a cover letter describing your interest in the position as well as your relevant skills, abilities and qualifications. Send your application to Deanna van Dijk by email (email@example.com) or by mail to the following address: Deanna van Dijk, Department of Geology, Geography and Environmental Studies, Calvin College, 3201 Burton St SE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49546.