Apply now for Fall 2016! To join the FYRES course for the Fall of 2016, students must submit an application and have a teacher or advisor submit a recommendation for the student. The application deadline is 10 May 2016.
To be eligible to participate, a student must
- enroll as a full-time student for the first time at Calvin College in Fall 2016
- demonstrate academic potential or ability
- demonstrate a strong interest in a research experience and science generally.
Students do not have to declare an interest in majoring in an earth science discipline (or any science) to participate. We hope the course will continue to attract students from a variety of disciplines.
After you apply...
After the 10 May application deadline, the applications and recommendations will be reviewed. Applicants will be notified about their status in the course by the end of the May. (If you requested expedited review on the application form, you will receive an email a few days after your application is submitted to explain the expedited process.)
Email list for information
Please sign up for our email list below if you would like:
- to receive a reminder to apply a few days before the application deadline of 10 May 2016.
- to be notified when FYRES research is posted.
Fill out this form to receive an e-mail reminder and/or information.