This page offers a detailed schedule for earning honors in English.
First and second years
- Indicate interest in honors to advisor;
- enroll in honors courses.
Third year, spring semester
- Identify topic for the Honors Project;
- secure primary and secondary readers;
- enroll in English 399: Honors Project for the fall semester.
Third year, April 15
- Submit Honors Project Application.
Summer after third year
- Complete background reading and preliminary research for Honors Project;
- prepare Honors Project Proposal.
Fourth year, first Friday
- Submit the Honors Project Proposal. Students who miss this deadline may not proceed with the project.
Fourth year, fall semester
Fourth year, February
- Notify the Registrar of completion of honors requirements by March 1
Fourth year, April
Fourth year, May
- Graduate with honors!