Student Resources: Academic Advising
Please print the form you need and take it with you to your advising appointment. These forms are also available in the racks outside the Engineering department office.
Elective options & CORE requirements
- Engineering Elective, Basic Science/Advanced Math options (pdf only)
- Engineering CORE requirements (including Literature, The Arts, CCE)
** If you are undecided about your concentration, the first two years are the same for all students and any of the above documents can be used for course planning.
Other Advising Documents
- Engineering Faculty Advising Handbook (This is directed for advisors to use but students may find helpful as well.)
- Undecided between Physics and Engineering? Click here for program options.
At Calvin, students may minor rather than major in engineering by taking six classes including one of two 100-level courses, at least two of three 200-level courses and at least two 300-level courses from a selected list. While a minor is a consideration for some students, please be aware that it is not ABET accredited. For more information on an engineering minor, see the College Catalog or direct your questions toward the Engineering Dept. Chair.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 and total of six honors courses (18 hours minimum) overall, including two honors courses outside the major
- At least two honors courses in Engineering (except ENGR 101, 181, 337, 339, 340, and 382) with a minimum grade of A-; at least one of these must be a 300-level course
- Completion of an Engineering Internship
- Credit for either Engineering 294 or 392 (for all students entering Calvin engineering in the fall of 2009 or later, both 294 and 394 credit are required for honors)
- Successful completion of the Senior Design (capstone) course
*Note: Pre-requisites may be required for some of the course options in the Engineering Minor.